Sunday, January 3, 2010

Art, for fun, for philanthropy.

To all artists and artists at heart,
One of my goals for 2010 to be more creative, to make more art, and to be more philanthropic. I have decided to begin a Blank Canvas project. Blank Canvas night will be on THURSDAY nights. Everyone is welcome, but space is limited so sign up early. Location may rotate, but will be in the Orange County area.

THE ART: The concept is simple. Everyone is to bring their own small canvas (11x14 or under) and any art supplies they don't mind sharing. I hope the canvas is small enough you can go home with a finished piece. Some nights we will film a quick technique video. This video will be posted on our blog on Monday (hence the name!)

Don't worry if you do not consider yourself an artist. This night is about new beginnings, allowing yourself to try something new, learning and about being around friends.

THE CHARITY: I will be donating one project a month to an EBAY charity auction for CHD awareness. For those of you that don't know I have a niece (and a nephew, right Tawny?!) who were born with congenital heart defects. Congenital Heart Defects is the number one birth defect and the more awareness there is the more funding we can get for research.

I would also ask any participants if they wish to donate their projects for auction. If you cannot attend but would still like to donate piece of art, that is great too. Donating is NOT a requirement to participate.

I have not scheduled the first date, but I am starting an interest list. Please comment on this post if you are interested in participating. Be specific, note if you would like to create, teach a technique, donate a piece for auction, host a blank canvas night, sponsor the project. Subscribe to this blog for updates as they are made available.

My HEART goes out to you all!
Sonia Mara Adame

4 comments:

  1. what a cool idea!! i would be interested in donating a piece, possibly even participating in an event! looking forward to this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see if there is an artist inside! Good luck with this venture Sonia and count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in, can't wait to learn new techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds "soul healing!" I'm in! Would love to create. Don't know that any one would really be interested in my "art" to have it donated ;)

    ReplyDelete